Why course planning is important
Smart course planning not only meets the necessary requirements, but also allows students to explore their interests. We encourage multi-year planning to insure a balance of courses throughout high school.
What we do:
Course selection is paired with discussions around organization, study skills, and stress level. We want our students challenged and succeeding. We encourage discussions about post-secondary plans and possible fields of study to enter into the conversation as early as possible to make strategic selections.
We can help with:
- Assessing academic strengths and struggles
- Determining the student’s short-term and long-term academic goals
- Constructing a multi-year plan to ensure balance in a student’s schedule throughout their high school career
- Discussing the pros and cons of individual courses
- Reviewing post-secondary requirements for fields of study
- Discussion regarding BC’s new 19-20 curriculum and course offerings.