- This event has passed.
Young Entrepreneurs Leadership Launchpad (YELL) Summer Workshop
August 10, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
An event every day that begins at 9:00 am, repeating until August 14, 2020
One event on August 24, 2020 at 9:00 am
One event on August 25, 2020 at 9:00 am
One event on August 26, 2020 at 9:00 am
One event on August 27, 2020 at 9:00 am
One event on August 28, 2020 at 9:00 am
Want to figure out how to take an idea and turn it into reality? Want to learn about business this summer?
The Young Entrepreneur Summer Workshop is a week-long boot camp that will introduce you to the tools and exercises that entrepreneurs use to turn their vision into reality. You’ll learn about entrepreneurship, design thinking, how to validate if people are interested in your idea, and much more. Whether you come with an idea or not, the program will culminate in your pitching a start-up concept to judges, and we’ll help you get there! 65% of youth say they’re interested in starting their own business; are you one of them?
- Learn about entrepreneurship in an intensive one-week camp
- Hear from inspiring local entrepreneurs and business leaders
- Work with a small group of peers on bringing your project to reality
- Experience a week of business education
- Work with dynamic YELL teachers
- Build your extracurricular profile
- Develop problem-solving skills
- Pitch your idea to a panel of judges!
About the Instructor:
Jo-Anne was the first YELL teacher and has played an instrumental role in shaping and contributing to its
educational practices and culture. She is a teacher and Athletic Director at West Vancouver Secondary
School. Teaching is her second career, and she absolutely loves being a part of the educational and athletic
adventures of her students.