UK Personal Statement Workshop
June 24 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am$95
The Personal Statement is an essential part of UK university applications for all post-secondary programs. Creating a strong Personal Statement is the best way for students to demonstrate their passions, skills and suitability for all programs and especially for competitive programs such as Law, Medicine, Dentistry and Veterinary Medicine. The UK Personal Statement is written in a very different way than Canadian university application essays and this course will provide students with the knowledge and tools needed to be able to write a statement that stands out.
Topics will include:
- The purpose of the Personal Statement
- Examples of strong statements
- Research guidance to understand the key attributes that individual courses are looking for within specific programs
- Extra-curricular vs super-curricular activities and the role they play in the Personal Statement
- Tools on how to write the statement with allocated student writing time. Students will receive individualized feedback on their writing.