How to Rock Your First Semester Workshop
July 13 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
One event on August 19, 2021 at 10:00 am
One event on August 27, 2021 at 10:00 am
One event on September 11, 2021 at 10:00 am
One event on October 2, 2021 at 10:00 am
These intensive study skills sessions are designed to help students be academically prepared for both in-person and online educational models.
The sessions are instructional as well as practical, hands-on work sessions. We will explore organizational strategies and understand the resources available to post-secondary students. We will also address how to communicate with professors and teaching assistants, how to make use of a course outline, and how to set goals and practice effective time management. Students will leave the workshop armed with the knowledge, skills, and strategies required to prepare them for academic success.
- Goal setting
- Organizational systems (both digital and physical)
- Creating a productive at-home workspace
- Learning how to learn
- Effective note-taking (both digital and physical)
- Time management
- Strategies for managing procrastination
- Universal test/exam taking skills for various subjects
- Active reading techniques for better comprehension and retention
- How to study efficiently, save time, and do well academically
*Please have your school notebooks, binders, and agenda easily accessible for the session.
What do our students have to say?
“I liked the suggestions about active reading and note-taking strategies and the support I received in creating my own roadmap for important resources like the add/drop deadline and counselling resources.”