The official English 12 BC Provincial exam dates are April 26th and June 25th, and each individual school determines which date their students will write the exam. There are several factors to keep in mind regarding the importance of the exam:
- The exam is worth 40% of a student’s overall grade and many students find the exam content challenging.
- Every university uses English 12 to calculate a student’s final admission average.
- Typically, students receive a lower mark on the provincial exam than their in-class English mark and it is not a test that students can cram for.
However, with some very focused work over a number of weeks, students can greatly improve their chance for success.
Options Solutions is here to help! After working with students on provincial exam prep for many years, we have broken down the study process into a few steps and created a number of programs to assist students with their preparation.
- Step 1 – Start early & attend a Kick Start Session. This 2-hour session provides students with an introduction to exam content and format, literary terms, and strategies to tackle the essays and multiple choice questions.
- Step 2 – Take a Practice Exam. The best way to understand the provincial exam is to write one and receive a baseline score. Our mock exam and debrief sessions include a 3-hour mock exam and a 2-hour debrief of the marked multiple choice and essay questions. Students will know exactly where to focus their study efforts after taking an exam.
- Step 3 – Attend group Study Sessions or work one-on-one with a writing coach. Students will receive tips and instruction for exams; review sample questions, reading passages, and complete essay outlines.
Kick Start Study Sessions begin in April
- Saturday, April 7th – 10:00 am – 12:00 pm (West Vancouver)
- Saturday, April 7th – 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm (South Surrey)
- Tuesday, April 10th – 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm (South Granville)