Are you passionate about education? Do you enjoy working with young adults? Do you thrive in a dynamic, collaborative, and innovative environment where no workday is the same?
We want to meet you! Options Solutions is seeking a full-time Educational Consultant to join their talented team of admission experts – who are also task managers, coaches, and cheerleaders rolled into one.
The Educational Consultant creates a safe space for adolescents to identify their interests and goals and provide them with the information and tools to make informed educational decisions. The Educational Consultant will develop professional connections with university and college admissions offices and grow into a leading expert in the educational consulting field.
As an Educational Consultant, you will:
- Conduct one-on-one student and parent consultations
- Maintain ongoing communication with families to support them through the application process
- Determine which services match the student’s needs and make appropriate recommendations
- Develop relationships with local school counsellors and connect with community outreach organizations
- Facilitate a variety of student group sessions
- Contribute to the company’s blog and social media campaigns
- Support English, writing, and standardized prep curriculum development and instruction
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a background/degree/experience in secondary school education/counselling
- Possesses strong written, verbal, and digital communication skills
- Has an organized, realistic, and detail-oriented approach to their work tasks
- Has previous experience instructing small group sessions
- Is familiar with the Canadian, UK, and US post-secondary admissions processes
- Enjoys working in a collaborative, dynamic, and growth-minded practice
We would be thrilled if you:
- Hold a BC Teaching Certificate (or equivalent) or have experience in academic counselling
- Possess a relevant degree or diploma in an education-related field
- Are familiar with the BC curriculum and standardized test prep
We can offer you:
- Flexible time off
- Performance bonuses
- Work from home opportunities
- Company lunches, annual holiday party & annual professional development conferences
Who we are:
Founded in West Vancouver in 2003, Options Solutions was created to help students, ages 14 to 24, and their families explore and pursue educational and professional opportunities available to them during and after secondary school. Options Solutions is Canada’s premier comprehensive educational consulting practice, with multiple convenient office locations, and assists over 1,000 students annually to pursue their dreams. We are a small, but powerful team, that thrives on collaboration, innovation, and good humour. As a company focused on the continued growth of both our clients and our staff, we empower our employees to succeed by offering ongoing opportunities for professional development, input into programming decisions, and peer-to-peer mentorship. We foster a work environment that encourages curiosity, a love of learning, and open communication from employees at all levels of the organization.
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume, writing sample, and a list of references to Melinda Giampietro, President/Founder at firstname.lastname@example.org.