Not sure what courses to take next year? Join us on Wednesday, February 2 from 6:00-8:00 online for our Course Planning 101 workshop! This two-hour workshop is designed to help grade 10 and 11 students and their parents prepare for 2022-2023 course planning. Options Solutions president Melinda Giampietro will walk students through the process of course selection.
This workshop will cover…
- An overview of the trends in post-secondary education.
- BC Ministry requirements for graduation.
- The requirements for various academic majors (Engineering, Science, Kinesiology, Business, Arts, etc).
- Usable admission courses versus non-usable admission courses.
- How requirements vary by province.
- How to keep as many doors open as possible and what to do if you don’t know what you want to study.
- The myths of course planning (ex. Do I need French 12 or Calculus 12?).
- Setting up a foundation for academic success at university, not just “getting in”.
- How is course selection different if I am interested in attending an institution in the US or the UK?
- Should I take AP, IB or honours courses? Should I do French Immersion.
The session will be interactive and dynamic. There will be a course simulation as well as a thorough question and answer period. Students will leave with a clearer understanding of university requirements and what courses they need for post-secondary school admission.
Looking to register? Call us at 604-922-8456 or email us at email@example.com to secure your spot.