Looking for a new extra-curricular to put on your radar? Our Educational Consultants are here to help! We’re up-to-date on all the different extra-curricular activities students can participate in and can’t wait to share them with our clients. Check out our twelfth extra-curricular feature below.
Project Hastings: Lower Mainland
Project Hastings is a nonprofit organization that aims to help the community by giving out necessities and reducing food insecurity in Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside. It is a student-led organization with a team of over 250 youth that are motivated to make a difference.
Project Hastings’ Primary Initiatives
- Twice a month, healthy meals are distributed to the DTES community.
- An average of 400 hot meals and 500 pieces of snacks/necessities are delivered per event.
- Care packages that include basic necessities such as socks, blankets. and hygiene items are distributed every month.
- The purpose of this project is to empower youth and demonstrate that working together towards a common cause can yield impactful outcomes.
- Project Hastings consists of 250+ youth volunteers who are determined to make a change in the community.
How can you help?
- Join their distributions twice a month
- Volunteering at Project Hastings is stress-free and entails a variety of benefits – making a measurable impact, meeting new friends, learning about different crises and current events the community faces through first-hand field experience which are all led by peers that go towards earning service hours.
- Create a fundraising event for proceeds to go to Project Hastings.
- 100% of all proceeds go toward meals, and essential items. Funds are used for the distribution of items like hot-dogs, sandwiches, socks and blankets
Click here to find out more about volunteering at Project Hastings!
Want to read our other extra-curricular features? Check them out under our Fun topic.